Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Ganapati - 2005

While I am in the 'Ganapati' mood, I thought I might as well post photos of Ganapati 2005. I also happened to have a photo of 'Work in Progress' - Idol making in progress.



Work in progress - preparation of idol making typically starts 3 weeks before the festival. The actual making of the idol does not take much time (as per my uncle he makes and remakes the idol depending on what 'pose' of Lord Ganesh he has in mind) - the biggest time being consumed for the drying of the idol as it is monsoon time during the festival.


the Lord at his place - just before the pooja


post the pooja - with his favourite 'red' flower offerings


'Hartalika' besides the Lord.


What you see on the left hand side is a model of our 'family' house in Pune. It was under construction last year.

Regards...

No comments: