Thursday, March 15, 2007

Glasgow

My second day of a weekend visit to Scotland. I was staying with my school, college and CA friend in Glasgow though i spent the first day in Edinburgh.

I come back on Saturday evening, have nice food cooked by my friend and his flatmate and go to bed in a king size bed - my friend graciously gives his room to me and he shared a bed (no pun intended with his flatmate).

I wake up reasonably early (7.30 is early by my standards) and go to the balcony and see this..





My friend tells me Glasgow is a place where you do not normally get snow. In fact this was the first snow of the season.



Look at those trees



This was my first full fledged view of snow fall. My set of emotions were similar to those of a kid when faced with a room full of choclates or Jerry (of Tom & Jerry fame) in a room full of cheese.
The only other view of snow I had was at Rohtang pass in India more than 15years back and in my refrigerator.



What the snow fall meant was that a) we couldn't go out to see anything in the city and b) there was a F1 grandprix in the afternoon, so I could watch it comfortably!

But we needed to cook something so had to go out to the supermarket to get something so we venture out.





Unfortunately, the streets were completely covered with snow and I was wearing my leather shoes. So I was kissing the ground on quite a few occasions.



A father takes time out to build an igloo with his kids - one lucky kid









The snow was about 6-7 inches deep.



Look at how the tree branches (devoid of any leaves due to the winter) are covered with snow. I find this snap especially beautiful.



Cant imagine this emergency car being able to function effectively today!



That's a nice blanket for the car. Dust/stain/scratch proof - guaranteed!

But the business in Glasgow is not done, I have to go back to see the city. In a few years time maybe...

No comments: